CEO & President
Mr. Taweel holds an MBA from George Washington University and served as PSI’s Senior Vice President for DoD programs and overall Program Manager for the Air Force Surgeon General Advisory & Assistance Services BPA. He is responsible for staffing, budgeting, scheduling, and operations management for over 100 contracts and task orders support of the Air Force Medical Service and other DoD Medical entities. His team of healthcare professionals execute over $140 million of contracts worldwide. Mr. Taweel’s team directly supports the Air Force Surgeon General, the Assistant Surgeon General for Operations, the Assistant Surgeon General for Modernization, and the AFMS Chief Information Officer. They are on the forefront of high-level projects in Aerospace Medicine, Bioenvironmental Engineering, Expeditionary Medical Operations, EHR Deployment, Clinical and Inpatient Care Support, Research Development, Acquisition, and Executive Management. Specific accomplishments are:
• Led the AFMS Capability Review and Risk Assessment (CRRA) process, ensuring that lessons learned were integrated into the Medical Concept of Operations (CONOPS). New CONOPS provided the Assistant Surgeon General for Health Care Operations a roadmap for future Medical Capabilities and Doctrine.
• Program management for the installation, operation and maintenance of Telehealth capabilities in Medical Treatment Facilities worldwide, including deployment of VTC technology.
• Designed and utilized “Virtual Iraq,” a tool to help our AFMS client deliver DoD healthcare as operational resources are being reduced. Virtual Iraq assists clinicians trained in exposure therapy to treat our service members returning from theater with Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and/or Traumatic Brain Injury (TBI).
• Provides a team of human factors, education, requirements, policy and acquisition SMEs to the Assistant Secretary of the Air Force for Acquisition, Air Force Human Systems Integration Office (SAF/AQ-AFHSIO). This team has helped strategically guide a robust HSI program from inception through implementation.
• Provides total acquisition lifecycle management support to multiple Air Force Medical Service customers – from project initiation through the Joint Capabilities Integrated Development System (JCIDS) requirement process, and technology development to procurement, contracting, and program management.
• Provides subject matter expert (SME) support for Force Health Protection, Operational Medicine, En-route Care, Human Systems Integration, and Health Informatics, Public Health, Syndromic Surveillance, Human Performance, Nanotechnology, Diabetes Research, Toxicology, Health Promotions, Electronic Medical Records, International Health, Hospital Administration, Occupational and Environmental Health, Directed Energy Protection, Health Radiation Physiology.
• Manages the Clinical Investigative Program (CIP). The $35M/Yr CIP supports 1000 students and over 100 research projects for graduate medical education research experience.